Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Health information is defined in the Privacy Act to relevantly include:
(a) information or an opinion about:
(i) the health or a disability (at any time) of an individual; or
(ii) an individual's expressed wishes about the future provision of health services to him or her; or
(iii) a health service provide, or to be provided, to an individual;
that is also personal information.
An example of health information is information contained in a patient's hospital records.
HARTMANN will only collect sensitive information if the individual about whom the information relates has consented to the collection of the information or if the collection is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
The type of sensitive information HARTMANN may collect can include (but is not limited to) a patient's medical condition. We collect this type of information to allow us to provide the correct product from our range.
Any health information we receive about patients is collected and held in strict confidence. HARTMANN trains its employees and distributors who handle personal information to respect the confidentiality of customer information and the privacy of individuals. HARTMANN regards breaches of your privacy very seriously and will impose appropriate penalties, including dismissal. HARTMANN has relevant staff members who ensure that HARTMANN's management of personal information (including sensitive information) is in accordance with this Policy and the Privacy Act.
HARTMANN will comply with all applicable State and Territory privacy laws.
Collection of personal information by HARTMANN
To the extent required by the Privacy Act:
- HARTMANN will not collect personal information about you unless that information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
- HARTMANN will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means.
- When HARTMANN collects personal information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps at or before the time of collection to ensure that you are aware of certain key matters, such as the purposes for which we are collecting the information, the organisations (or types of organisations) to which we would normally disclose information of that kind, the fact that you are able to access the information and how to contact us (or example, where personal information is collected on a form, we will generally include a written privacy statement on the form which sets out these details);
- HARTMANN will collect your personal information directly from you where it is reasonable and practicable to do so. Where HARTMANN collects information about you from a third party, we will still take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the details set out above.
Use and disclosure of personal information by HARTMANN
If HARTMANN uses or discloses your personal information for a purpose (the “secondary purpose”) other the main reason for which it was originally collected (the “primary purpose”), to the extent required by the Privacy Act, we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that HARTMANN would use or disclose your information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
If you are an employee of one of our commercial customers, we collect the following information about you (contact details including name, address and position, products supplied) and we will use it to administer our supplies and accounts to our commercial customer (your employer).
If you are an individual to whom we deliver health products, we collect the following information about you (name and address details) and we will use it to deliver products to you as ordered.
Data quality and security
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, HARTMANN will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
Use of Commonwealth government identifiers
Transfer of personal information overseas
HARTMANN may transfer your personal information to its related bodies corporate for internal administrative purposes and to facilitate the provision of HARTMANN'S services to you or the organisation for which you work.
The related bodies corporate of HARTMANN to which HARTMANN may transfer your personal information are located in Germany.
Access and correction of your personal information
HARTMANN Privacy Officer: Harris Hourmouzis (Finance Director).
(02) 8762 7000
Further information about the NPPs and the APPs and the application of the Privacy Act to the private sector generally can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
Without the separately given agreement of the website user， the raised data is not used to identify the visitor personally.
The data acquisition and data storage can be cancelled at any time with effect for the future.
Webanalytics Google Analytics
This website uses also Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP-address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States .
In case IP-anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transfered to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The IP-anonymisation is active on this website.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google will transfer this information to third parties if required by law or if such third parties are processing this information on behalf of Google.
Given the debate about the use of analytical tools with full IP-addresses, we would like to point out that this website uses Google Analytics with the extension " _anonymizeIp ( ) " and therefore IP-addresses are processed only shortened to exclude a direct personal .