Part of the HydroTherapy concept - simple & effective wound treatment
HydroClean® plus - Spread the word, not the biofilm
In an in vitro lab study,HydroClean®pluswas found to effectively disrupt biofilm and sequester the bacteria in to the dressing. Debrisoft®was found to spread bacteria across the wound bed.5
Debrisoft®is a registered trademark of Lohmann & Rauscher International GmbH & Co
What are biofilms?
Biofilms are complex microbial communities containing bacteria and fungi. The microorganisms synthesise and secrete a protective matrix that attaches the biofilm firmly to a living or non-living surface1.
At the most basic level a biofilm can be described as bacteria embedded in a thick, slimy barrier of sugars and proteins. The biofilm barrier protects the microorganisms from external threats6.
Biofilms are found in wounds and it is likely that almost all chronic wounds have biofilm communities covering at least part of the wound bed6. They are difficult to treat due to the protective nature of the slimy barrier, also known as extracellular polymeric substance7
Biofilm-based wound care is a proactive approach using a combination strategy based on elements of wound bed preparation and aims to:
• reduce the biofilm burden
• prevent reconstitution of the biofilm.6
Recontamination of the wound bed is reduced when HydroClean plus is used in place of mechanical debridement with a pad.5
Step One: Promotes Healing
- HydroClean plus promotes healing9
- HydroClean plus enables Hydro-Responsive wound healing, helping damaged tissue to heal faster.
Step Two: Cleanses and Debrides
- HydroClean plus cleanses and debrides1
- HydroClean plus promotes the breakdown and detachment of devitalised tissue from the wound bed.
Step Three: Absorbs Exudate
- HydroClean plus aids in the absorption and management of wound exudate10,11
- HydroClean plus absorbs excess exudate to promote a moist wound environment and reduce the spread of bacteria10
The Glasgow Experience - 93% of investigated chronic wounds demonstrated wound progression upon treatment with a HRWD™ (Colegrave, M. et al. 2016)
Right Product | Right Wound | Right Time
The graph below is provided to demonstrate the recommended use of HydroClean plus, HydroTac and Zetuvit Plus.
- When exudate levels are minimal
- A great first line dressing to promote12-14and protect14
- When Wound Bed Preparation is required
- For rapid debridement1,3,8and reduced pain during wear time4,8,15
Zetuvit Plus or Zetuvit Plus Silicone
- When exudate management is the main objective
- Superabsorbent dressings are the right choice for effective exudate management9,10
For further information on HydroClean plus and product codes, please download our HydroClean plus booklet here. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with all enquires and a member of our team will contact you shortly.